Served as a Country Director for Floresta Tanzania since 2011 and have overseen a period of substantial program growth. Managed to grow the program from 1,600 families to 11,100 direct beneficiaries and over 50,000 indirect beneficiaries for more than 11 years while reducing cost per beneficiary by more than 500 percent. All impact indicators either improved or remained stable.
Richard has extensive experience in organizing farmers’ fair where in each event more than ten thousand farmers come together to showcase their products, share experiences and make business deals. He is recognized by the government for his good leadership in coordinating environmental protection initiatives in the rural communities around Mount Kilimanjaro.
His passion is to share the knowledge of ecosystem health with people and the importance of organic farming in improved health and fighting hunger. Through his dedicated leadership, it was possible for FLORESTA to receive the certificate of appreciation from the Ministry of Agriculture for successfully supporting ecological organic agriculture in the country
Honors and Awards
- He has 10 years of proven experience in managerial position as the Country director of Floresta Tanzania
- Experience in managing and overseeing implementation of agricultural development projects in Tanzania for the domestic and foreign markets as a project manager.
- Previous experience with other NGO’s as a loan officer.
- Working as project Manager for the USAID funded project titled “The Improved Livelihood in Rural Kilimanjaro through Organic agriculture’’.
- Set strategies for growth, develop annual work plan and budget for the organization.
- Continuously monitor staffing structure to ensure that the team operates in the most effective manner possible.
- Oversee the accountant and finance team to ensure that all Floresta funds are utilized responsibly and efficiently.